September 20 – 25, 2021
Green Week empowers you to engage in sustainability-focused projects and activities. Want to learn how to be a more sustainable Trojan or learn more about what USC has been doing to hit its targets? This week offers plenty of opportunities to expand your knowledge and make connections. Whether you attend an event, join a student organization, educate yourself, or apply for funding, participate in Green Week to celebrate the steps USC is taking to achieve its sustainability goals.
I think for a lot of people, myself included, climate change can sometimes seem like too big or pointless of a monster to tackle on an individual level, but we don’t have to be helpless. Sustainability doesn’t have to be a hassle or a chore. I mean, with the SC Gardening Club, it could be fun. With the Zero Waste Game on Saturday, it could be a competition, too! A relief, a cost-saver, a hobby – all of this is what sustainability could be.”
– Jordan Bucknor ’22
Attend an Event
From enjoying a meatless menu at the USC Village Dining Hall to cheering on the Trojans against the Oregon State Beavers at the PAC-12 Zero Waste Challenge “Green Game,” there are many ways to celebrate. View the complete schedule of events!
Join a Student Organization
There is a growing list of sustainability-oriented student organizations for you to join at USC. Explore a myriad of topics and meet like-minded individuals!
Find Your Community and Apply for Student Funding
- USC Wrigley Sustainability Prize: Apply for funding to turn your eco-idea into a reality.
- USC Arts and Climate Collective: Join a community of students who are passionate about using the arts, media, and culture to address environmental justice and climate change.
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education: Apply for funding to attend this conference, make connections, and learn more about sustainability in the context of higher education.
- USC 2021-22 Sustainability Internship: Put your unique skills to work and contribute to a sustainable future for the USC campus.
- Blackstone LaunchPad Challenge (2) – World Challenge: How might we promote prosperity while protecting the planet? Choose a problem associated with one of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and develop and innovative and entrepreneurial solution.
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law Environmental Law & Policy Hack Competition: Think creatively about how to address nutrient pollution and win money to support the implementation of your concept.
Read the Latest News
- Check out the results of USC’s first sustainability assessment.
- Dive into the USC 2020 Sustainability Plan final progress report.
- Learn the proper way to compost and recycle with the new campus waste bins.
- Meet USC’s zero waste auditor: Where most people see abandoned fruit, he sees a delicious dessert.
- Steps silent and unseen move USC toward a more sustainable future.
- Award-winning design from USC architecture professor saves energy while using none.
- USC hires its first chief sustainability officer.
Get a Discount
Little changes can make a big impact. Sign our digital pledge to make sustainable changes to your daily routine and get 10% off a reusable water bottle from the USC Bookstore.
Explore Education and Research Initiatives
USC provides many opportunities for students to study various aspects of sustainability and to apply their studies to real-world problems. Explore the multitude of courses and research centers focused on sustainability at the university.
Plan Your Own Green Event
Do you plan events for your department or student organization? Review our Sustainable Event Planning Guide to learn how you can reduce the environmental impact of your events.
Help USC Win the PAC-12 Zero Waste Challenge